The Commission de la présidence du conseil plays an influential role with other standing committees when it comes to overseeing certain practices. It reviews issues related to the promotion of civic participation in various democratic bodies within the city. Its activities are intended to guide the decision-making of elected officials who sit on city council, including on the following subjects:
- By-law concerning rules of procedure for council meetings and internal rules for council management (06-051)
- code of ethics and conduct for city and borough council members
- procedure applied to the public question period at city council meetings
- follow-up on the work of the city’s ethics councillor
- review of the roles and responsibilities of standing committees
Special partners of this standing committee:
- Conseil interculturel de Montréal (in French)
- Conseil jeunesse de Montréal
- Conseil des Montréalaises
- Ombudsman de Montréal
- OCPM (Office de consultation publique de Montréal)
This standing committee leads the public consultations that allow residents to express their opinions.
Want to participate in a public consultation? View the calendar (in French).